Hello lovelies, it’s such an amazing weather here – about 8 degrees below zero (Celsius) and snowing. I absolutely love these kind of winter days, but I can’t enjoy this any longer since I’ll be flying back to the UK tomorrow.
This design was just perfect for my holidays back at home. I painted it onto my nails on 22nd Dec, just few hours before I started travelling home, and removed it on the evening of 31st Dec. It lasted so well, I got really minimal tip wear and all the sparkle.. The photos just don’t give any credit to that.
To achieve this look, I also used some loose glitter and quite a few polishes. Loose glitter I used is white holographic one, it’s ordered for an Estonian nail art supplies store. As for polishes, I’ll list them in the order of use.
- Sally Hansen Hard as Nails strengthener – 1 coat
- Wild & Mild Pure Soul – 1 coat, it’s a clear polish
- OPI Alpine Snow – white, sponged on 1 thin layer
- white holographic loose glitter – tabbed some on onto the border of white and clear polish
- Barry M Damson – blue, sponged on a thin layer leaving some white seen
- NYC Blue Majesty – blue glitter, just used polish brush to tab some onto the Damson
- Barry M Starlight – tabbed it on with polish brush onto the tips
- QA58 stamping plate from Born Pretty Store, used Alpine Snow for stamping
- Seche Vite – 2 coats to make my nails totally smooth and seal in the design
Let me know what do you think of this? It’s definitely my fave from the winter/Christmas designs I’ve done this holiday season. Also A2Z series will continue this week on Thursday and I am planning to continue with #naillinkup. Also I’ll finally get to changing my blog layout plus there will be a surprise near the end of January. Till my next post 😉