So what’s this all about. The second theme for #NAILLINKUP this month is Rudolph and friends. I considered quite a while if I should go freehand or use the new stamping plates I have, well latter won. Overall I am pleased, although I somehow managed to mess up the seal and snowflakes stamp several times.. Anyhow..
I started off with a blue gradient and added some blue glitter gradient for the dark blue parts. There’s a photo below before adding the rest of the glitter and the stamping.
I did the gradient on top of my normal base coat, which means I didn’t do any white or light blue base. It took about 3 layers of sponging till I got pleased with the result. Then I just used the polish brush to add the dark blue glitter by doing light swipes from free edge towards the middle of my nails.
The stamping plates I used for the design are as follows:
- seals and snowflakes stamp – BP-23
- the dots/circles stamp – BP-21
These are both Born Pretty Store plates.
As for the design itself, I think I’ve pulled a record. I’ve worn this for a whole week :O. I also did get loads of compliments over the weekend. That always makes me smile 🙂
- white – Barry M Matt White (for stamping)
- lightest of the blues – Maybelline Colorama Party Blue
- second blue – Maybelline Colorama Superpower Blue
- 3rd of the blues – Miyo Magic
- darkest of the blues – Misslyn Night Club
- blue glitter – NYC Blue Majesty
- silver glitter – Maybelline Colorama 47
- Poshe fast drying top coat
I’ve also been making some dragon eggs, I’ll be showing those later on this week. This week is a busy one for me though, since above all other things I’m also getting ready to fly home at the beginning of next week. I can’t wait 🙂
Be sure to check out the inlinkz at the end of this post for the cute and lovely Rudolph and friends nails 😉