Last week was all about geometric nails in November #naillinkup. It took ages to decide on the colours for this design. So at the end I decided to use the 2 polishes I won from Luchessa at Beauty Expressions.
I’ve also made a small pictorial of how I created this. Have to say that you can get a unique/separate design after each step (photos at the end of the post). To speed the things up with all that taping I used fast drying top coat between the steps.
- yellow – Manhattan Lotus Effects 21G
- coral – Manhattan Birthday Colours Strawberry Cake
- blue – Manhattan Birthday Colours Dance Till Dawn
- black – Maybelline Colorshow Blackout
For taping I used scotch tape and some nail vinyls, which can be replaced with scotch tape as well.
I ended up wearing this design for a whole week (it’s still on my nails atm). I will be creating the next A2Z series design tonight.
Now for a brief tutorial:
- prepare your nails, be sure to use some nice base coat
- use your base colour, I chose yellow; let it dry completely (to speed up the process you can use fast drying top coat here as well)
- place the tape for the coral triangle (work one nail at a time, since for clear lines tape needs to be removed while the polish is still wet); do the same for blue triangles (of course after the coral has dried completely)
- now place the tape or vinyls for the black parts, again work one nail at a time; when this is done, finish off with top coat to seal the deal
Be sure to check out all the lovely creations of other girls as well from the inlinkz gallery below. Have a nice weekend 😉