This is first time for me to do this pattern on nails. I didn’t follow any specific tutorials, I kind of figured it out. I only decided to do it on 2 nails – ring and middle finger for accent. Other nails are created by using the same colours except the pink.
One other thing I noticed was that the crackle top coats reacted weirdly with the Barry M gelly line polish. It kind of pulled the polish up and sank into it.
- base – Sally Hansen Hard as Nails strengthener and CND Stickey base coat
- pink – Wild & Mild Shut Up
- blue – Barry M Blueberry
- white – OPI Alpine Snow
- black – China Glaze Liquid Leather
- crackle – Misslyn Crackling White and Sally Hansen Ink Splatter
- Sally Hansen Insta-Dri top coat
The ikat pattern was made by using the small end of my marbling tool, because the day I did this was really hot and humid, which made the polish gloopy and sticky. Anyways, check out all the ikat nails from the inlinkz at the end of this post. Till tomorrow 😉