Be sure to check out all the lovely feather nails. Now on to the design and tutorial. First up the polish used for this one.
- silver – Night Fever by Misslyn
- blue – Magic by Miyo
- blue glitter – Blingtastic by Sally Hansen
- black – Black Creme by Wet n Wild
- white – Blanc by Essie
- Seche Vite top coat
- rhinestones (dark blue, light blue, white)
- sponge for the gradient
- a brush for clean up
- striping brush for painting the feathers
- Start with your base coat and 1 thin coat of the silver nail polish. Let that dry completely.
- Now take your sponge and paint about 2/3 to blue and 1/3 to silver. Press that onto your nails. I did 2 coats – do as many as needed for good opacity. After that I did some clean up with a brush tipped into acetone.
- Now take your striping brush and black polish. Paint a curvy line to your ring finger and to the middle finger starting from a corner of the nail tip. For middle finger I started from the left (on left hand) and for the ring finger from the right. For the right hand fingers do that vice versa.
- Now paint the feathery part with black. I went random with this, just did some random stripes from each side of the rod. Let that dry for few minutes.
- Next I used white and almost a dry brush to get slightly transparent stripes. I just painted over few of the black parts. Repeat that with the blue glitter. For pinky, index finger and thumb I added some blue glitter to the tips with the brush that comes with the polish and then added the rhinestones.
- Cover your design with top coat and you’re done. Do some additional clean up if needed.
I hope you enjoy this as much as I did. Ended up wearing this for 4 days 🙂 (that’s a lot for me).
And few more photos.
The silver polish was annoying to clean up though, as you can see. I did manage at the end though. For this design cleaning up was the most time consuming. Let me know what you think and is this tutorial any good?