This is inspired from a design by Diane Von Fürstenberg’s Spring/Summer 2014 collection at New York Fashion Week. When I saw the colour combo, I just had to see how it looks on my nails.
And a good news, I did a small tutorial for this also.
- White on White by China Glaze
- Funky Orange by Maybelline Colorama
- Tart by Maybelline Colorama
- Hanging in the Balance by China Glaze
On to the tutorial part, have some photos for that too.
- Things you need: white, coral/orange, purple and a blue nail polish; stamping kit and a sponge
- Firstly apply your base coat and when it’s dry a coat of white polish. I made it as thin as I could. So don’t mind if it’s a bit streaky. Wait for it to dry.
- Apply the three colours onto a sponge. I applied coral and blue evenly and then added a slim stripe of purple between. Tab your nails. I did 2 coats to make it opaque enough for my taste. After this I applied a coat of my quick dry top coat.
- When step 2 has dried use your chosen pattern and stamp it onto your nails. I used White on White by China Glaze for the stamps. Lastly apply your top coat and you’re done.
You can see the 3 main steps here. I did a bit of cleaning up after the gradient but not fully since I knew some of the stamping will get onto my cuticles. You can also see the 3 polishes (bottom right) and the stamping plate I used (it’s not Konad btw but I know Konad has the same plate).
Scroll down and you will see my inspiration and also another photo of this design. I am very pleased how this turned out to be.
The photo credits for the fashion photo belong to AFP/Scanpix.