Things you need:
- 3 colours: Maybelline Colorama tone 47 (silver glitter), tone 106 (metallic grey) and tone 112 (beige)
- acrylic colours – I used water based acrylic colours, red and black
- holographic glitter
- flat brush
- Apply base coat to avoid any staining and after that the beige as your base colour. Let it dry.
- Now apply the metallic grey with the sponge like you’d to gradient effect. To smudge it a bit you can apply the silver glitter before it dries. Apply the glitter polish over the whole nail. Let it dry completely.
- Now it’s time for the flowers. Put some red and black acrylic colours onto a plate and tip one side of the brush into black and other to red. For each petal make small U shapes and don’t raise your brush. Don’t worry, if it goes wrong you can wash it off right away ;).
- When the acrylics are dry apply the holographic glitter. I picked it up with my top coat brush (it’s a neat trick and the glitter won’t fly off to anywhere else). Make sure to clean the brush afterwards of course.
- Apply the top coat and you have awesome poppies on your nails. The top coat also adds the shine to the acrylic paint.
Enjoy 😉 and comment. I will have 2 posts for you tomorrow also. First will be the graduation themed post and second is the next challenge.