As promised, a small break from the challenge. This was my first idea for the graduation. I didn’t go with it but I shall write a tutorial on these anyways. You can see 2 very similar designs (only the base colour differs) and also a picture tutorial.
Things you’ll need:
- lace – the small honeycomb works the best, also cut the needed size before you start
- 2 or 3 colours: Maybelline Colorama tone 47 (silver glitter), tone 106 (metallic grey), tone 112 (beige)
- nail stripers – Kiss Nail Art Paint in black (tone 12) and in silver (tone 10)
- something to place and press the lace with – I used orange wood stick
- nail band (this is optional – as you can see, I used it for the second design)
How to do it:
- Firstly apply the base colour: for the first design silver glitter as shown on the photos, for the second design beige. Let it dry.
- Now freehand the diagonal tip with the metallic grey. For the second design I covered the whole nail with silver glitter after this step.
- Apply some top coat for the spot you want to place the lace and press the lace on it using the stick. After that apply another layer of top coat. Let it dry.
- Next step is to paint on the lace and the tip. I drew some half circles with black nail art paint and also lined the lace. For the second design I lined the lace with nail band. I also added the silver nail art paint near the half circles.
- When everything is dry, apply top coat. It might need more than 1 layer.
- Extra tip: for taking off the lace, soak your nail in acetone a bit and it should peel off easily.
I hope you’ll enjoy this and find it useful 😉