Sorry for not posting for quite a while. Exam sessions took the time. Here’s my first OK try of water marble technique.
Things you need:
- 3 colours: Maybelline Colorama tone 51 (white), tone 104 (purple) and Alessandro’s Ice Cream Bar (pink)
- some cotton swabs and toothpicks
- a cup/bowl/glass – I used a plastic bowl
- vaseline and a brush (brush is optional but very good for putting on the vaseline); for alternative method tape
How to do it?
- First apply a layer of base coat (I used a thin layer of white, since it is kind of transparent). Wait for it to dry out.
- Now fill the bowl with water (room temperature is fine, too hot water will make the polish dry too quickly and it won’t spread). Add a drop of polish (I did it quite close to the water) and keep adding the drops till you’re pleased with it. next use a toothpick to draw a design into the bullseye shape. Keep in mind though not to touch the outer ring since that is fully dried.
- Cover your finger with vaseline and place it to the water directly above the part you like. Don’t take your finger out until you have removed the excess polish with toothpick (for taping, the tutorial is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8nEJsWeVpM&feature=youtu.be ).
- Now remove your nail from the water and blow away any droplets. Then you can carefully remove the excess polish together with vaseline (comes off so easily) and use some acetone and cotton swabs for removing polish from parts that didn’t get covered with vaseline.
- After it has dried cover your nails with top coat and let them dry out.
I hope this covers some basics, it can be very messy and some polishes just don’t work in the water or water may be too hard (in that case you may need to use filtered water). I still need more practice and as you can see there are few bubbles on some nails. I still hope you’ll like it 🙂