Got inspired by a butterfly I saw few days ago. My first butterfly this year 😀
Things you need:
- 3 colours: Maybelline Colorama tone 749 (yellow), tone 155 (orange) and tone 145 (red)
- 2 nailart colours: Kiss Nail Art Paint black and Buk Nail Art silver
How to do it?
- First apply a coat of base polish.
- Use the sponge to do the ombre theme – I applied yellow closest to my cuticles, then orange and the red. This time I didn’t mix the colours from the edges because I wanted a bit harsher lines between them. Before it’s completely dry, apply a thin layer of top coat to smudge it just a little.
- Now use the black nailart colour to paint arcs on the base of your nails (choose 3 fingers – I did it to pinky, middle and index finger), then paint straight lines out of the ark and colour the tips black.
- For thumb and ring finger paint black comas for the bodies of butterflies. Also paint a diagonal tip for the nails with black. For wings and antennaes I used a toothpick to make them really thin. After that I painted wings with 2 strokes of the silver striper.
- Now again use the toothpick to make small dots on the black tips with silver nailart paint.
- Lastly when your nails are dry, apply top coat and you’re done.